Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Tracker II
View Single Post
Old
04-10-2011, 11:30 PM
pbunder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagHead View Post
Hey, long time lurker, finally decided to throw my voice into this.

I've really liked McMillan as well. He's been getting a bit of puck luck, and it'd be insane to expect him to produce offensively with any consistency, but he has looked up to speed and he's been playing very physically. I think that kid's definitely going to make it. Not sure if he needs more seasoning or not, though. I'd still bring Madden back for one more year if I were Fletch.

Another guy who has looked great is Gillies! Monster game today, and the kid finally looks like he knows what he's doing out there. He's using his body, winning battles and using that speed of his with purpose. I doubt he'll ever be the big power forward some of us were hoping for, but today's game he showed flashes of why we thought he might turn into one. If he can do that even one game in five, he's going to be a great 3rd line wing. And who knows? Maybe he will become a poor mans Andrew Ladd.
I like your bit about gillies. The guy just seems to have needed a reset almost. If you're going to compare him to ladd - he didnt really come into his own until 08-09 after 4-5 years in the league (if i remember right). i think given time and confidence he could turn into an andrew ladd (sans the 'poor-mans')