View Single Post
Old
10-14-2003, 09:16 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I think that you are missing the point, Bluenote. It's not that we are calling for mass benchings and Hartford replacements becuase of just lack of performance. The problem is that players like Rosie, Malacough, Bobo, Kasper, Poti, Hlavac, Simon are not even trying. Or at least it seems that way. It's one thing to loose when your players are but are busting their hump. It's quite another to loose when your players are not even trying. Have you seen Carter? Has he been on the ice at all? How about Holik or Lindros?
It's the lack of effort that gets us. ESPECIALLY when talking about the Ambigously Defenseless Russian Duo (ADRD from now on). Those 2 are not only seen as not trying but look like the only thing they care about is that they get paid so that they can go and party in Brighton Beach.
Yeah, i see your point, and i agree, but that can't be the reason for the last 6 years. They should at least get the last playoff spot even with a few guys not putting forth the effort. I don't believe these guys are all out for the $$$ - some of these guys WANT to win, wouldn't the 'leadership' of the team hold them accountable, or go to Sather & make him bench, or send down any of the slackers? I don't know what it'll take, but if that is the case why would Slats or anyone else let their lack of effort slide?