View Single Post
Old
04-11-2011, 06:58 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
That's my problem though. I don't care about ticket prices, community interactions, promotions, etc. Let JR do whatever he likes with that.

I care about the performance on home ice, and that's what I'd like to address and hopefully get a non-canned, non-lipservice response about. Nowhere did I make demands regarding the coach, the powerplay, or the on-ice personal. I know that demanding anything will get the letter thrown away.
Honestly, unless you have a media credential, you are not going to get a personal response having to do with on-ice issues. There are probably 100,000 people who would want to talk shop with Jim Rutherford if it was that simple.

As it is, he probably hates having to do it with the few people who get that kind of access... it's like sitting down with your customers and talking about how you should have written your TPS report BEFORE faxing that invoice. It's got to be painfully repetitive and condescending for him.

Anyway, others have said it but I think you're pretty far off base as to why they lost on Saturday. Lecavalier, St Louis and Gagne scored 7 points. Smith made 42 saves. If it was a simple task to beat Tampa, they wouldn't be in 5th place. Sometimes willpower just isn't enough, especially when the other team specializes in converting mistakes.