View Single Post
Old
04-11-2011, 07:31 AM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Hi,

I'll try to make a long story short....My dad had a Hyundai Accent 2003, he died in December and I got the car. The idea is that I will want to see it to buy a SUV for me and the family. We already have 1 small car, no need for 2. Now, I'm old....but never old enough so that I had to sell a car to people....So I need some help. Here are the infos.

1- The car has around 49 000 km. Not a joke, not a trick, my dad used it to do the grocery and that was about it.
2- Who says Accent says a little rust. Under the hood a little, and strangely on the 2 "levers" (not sure it's the right word), the things that opens the trunk and the opening for gaz, on the left side of the conductor's seat. Which makes it a little hard to pull it up and down (Maybe there's something I could put on that so the rust dissapears but I don't know...)
3- Car is well equipped, electronic windows, CD, air conditioning, also come with a remote starter and door openings (my english sucks this morning...)
4- Mechanically, I had it check lately and they assured me it was fine with no big things to change aside having to buy new winter tires. But mechanically, it seems totally fine.

So the idea is....how much can I get for this. Knowing that it's a 2003, but with only 49 000 km, though how much does the rust cut the price down? Should I try to change those "levers"? Or even replace the hood? Will I get that money back? 'Cause again, everything else works perfectly fine.

Thanks for the responses. I hope to get some soon since I might have 1 or 2 buyers who are waiting for me to put a price on it...

I hope people go and see this thread, I see it's not used a whole lot.....
You are probably not going to get the value that you deserve out of a vehicle with 49 000 km.

Could you keep that car and sell your current car?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote