View Single Post
Old
04-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Franson makes up for his lack of foot speed with decent positioning. His offensive skills are top-notch. On a team with any semblance of a powerplay, he probably has 30 pp points. His passing is excellent. His shot is heavy and accurate. He lacks the raw power of Weber, but he makes up for it in the accuracy. It is a shame we have underutilized him as much as we have this year in that regard.

With that said, he is really defensively a number 4 or 5. If you put him with a respectable linemate, I don't think it is out of the question to see him eat 20 minutes a game for several years. Without a good partner, it would be better to place him on the third pairing and have him eat tons of PP minutes.

The guy is still developing. He has always had a slow, but steady developmental curve. He went from a third-round reach, to a blue-chip prospect, to the guy we should have traded instead of Ryan Parent, to an AHL offensive-whiz, to a 7th defensemen, to a legit NHLer with lots of scoring potential. If he continues to round out his game, and I think he will, he can be an excellent NHL defenseman. As it stands, he still holds a lot of value on the right team. Our wealth of offensive talent on the blue-line masks his true value.