Boulton
Tanner Glass
Koci
MacIntyre
Rupp
Godard (aforementioned)
Mayers
Janssen

I would have interest in Konokopa, Rypien, Eager, Glass, Boulton, Rupp and just for sheer mass, Macintyre (although he is terrible, but cheap)

Defense:

Kevin Bieska
Tom Pressing
Vandermeer
Shane O'Brien
Steve Montador
Jonathan Ericcson
Jay Harrison

I would love to get Ericcson, would very happy with Bieska at the right price, Montador would be a very good 6th, but i would take any of the bunch mentioned.
Kenopka i think will stay in NY. Supposedly teammates and staff ove the guy.

Rypien is an excellent fighter. Maybe the best all around brawler in the game, but...Manahattan can be a tough place to live if you are battling some demons. I hope he finds a better place and gets back into the game.

Eager I would hate to see here. Not a fan.

Boulton gets the job done, and has also gotten better with age, but I fear the aging enforcer as NY seems to be the place where older brawlers come to die!

Tanner Glass could be an option. Not a true heavy but a scrappy kid.

Koci is a true heavyweight. Adds a legit presence, and is good at what he does.

MacIntyre is future heavyweight champ. Skates in sand, but he'll whoop some ass!

Rupp is good choice. He can go with the heavies, and dominate the middleweights. More importantly he can play a regular shift. If the next concept is team toughness he may be your guy.

Godard is a true heavy like Koci and Mac. He's always been a great fighter and a guy that abides by the code for the most part.

Mayers is am not a fan of at all

Janssen lost a step this season but is still a good fighter. Just fallsinto that category of too small to be a legit heavy, and too ineffective as a player to be a second tier guy or a middleweight.

DEFENSE

Bieksa would be number 1 for me. I love what he brings, as he can impose his will. He can play the body, but he also can prodvide a decent shot from the point. From a toughess standpoint or strictly as a fighter he has KO power and he wins far more than he loses. Of course, cap restrictions will factor here so I don't excpect to see him in a Rangers sweater. Now...Toronto is another story. Burke loves him, and he's got lots of cap room to spend.

Preissing is a pillow, not sure why he is on this list.

Vandermeer just got better with age. I give him credit. I think I would pass though for age reasons and the uncertainty that he would fit here like he does in Edmonton. Different system.

Shane O'Brien I am a fan of. Wanted him a couple seasons ago. Could come as a cheap date.

Steve Montador IMO is going to command more. But for the cap hit...I definately question the return.

Lastly...I still like the idea of Bissionette. He is still signed so he would have to be traded for. But...a late rounder could do it. At 600k cap hit he is certainy affordable and can sit against teams that don't dress too many tough guys. Against the Isles, get him in there. Against the Pens and Philly get him in there. Against Buffalo, against Florida, Tampa leave him out etc. He and Prust would ge the job done and not hurt your club.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote