View Single Post
Old
04-11-2011, 11:01 AM
babyshamble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
Seems like Mats does not fit in with the teams style of play. Its really no big deal. He has shown in the AHL and sometimes in the NHL that he can play hockey. Maybe NYR can trade him this summer. They wont get much but then again he can use his creative style in a more technical/creative team. NYR are for physical players. I find 17 assists in such a limited ice-time in 42 games impressive anyways. He led NYR in assists on PP too (9).

I think Mats fits with the Rangers because he plays with a lot of hart and works his ass of every shift despite of his size. We need guys that can do something unexpected as well. A team full of grinders is very predictable and will be easy to figure out.

A good summer in the gym as well as some work on his skating and positional play in the defensive zone would do wonders for Mats. I believe he will be a very important player for this team. It would be stupid to give up on him now. I hope he will be a Ranger for a long time, fun to have a Norwegian on my favourite team.

Alltough the games against Anaheim, San Jose and the last game vs Islanders was brutal I think he has been good. Most of the other games he has played I think he created a lot of oppurtinities for the team.

babyshamble is offline   Reply With Quote