View Single Post
Old
04-11-2011, 11:53 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The Flyers have never had good runs in March and this goes back to the Lindros era. We're talking at least 15-16 years.

I don't think Laviolette is on a short leash in Philadelphia. He's a good coach and it's not his fault that the power play tanked or that Kris Versteeg is the second coming of Kyle Calder. Let's face it - this is Holmgren's team. While most coaches usually have some say in the personnel, I think Laviolette has basically been given a team and told win with what is here.

I honestly think if the Flyers fail this time around, it's going to be Holmgren who will be on the short leash. After all, this was the guy back in 06-07 who sat with Ed Snider and said they wouldn't deal players or picks for older talent and that they were going to draft and build talent that way. Then Holmgren started spending like a drunken sailor and started dealing draft picks like they were candy. Can't blame Laviolette for that......
Versteeg = Calder God I hope not!

Holmgren is Snider's boy and isn't going nowhere although I do think he should def not be unaccountable. Sadly Lavy as middle management is the most vulnerable.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote