View Single Post
Old
04-11-2011, 03:45 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrsr View Post
^^ I agree. There's always your wannabe tough guys but they're mostly all talk with perhaps some shoving if you're near their goalie. If beer league were truly that ugly you would see people getting hurt ALL the time because so many players don't know how to take hits and there can be massive size differences between players.

I'm curious what this "really great beer league" in Vancouver is though.
Coast Hockey League. Generally evenly matched teams within each division (helps that they have around a dozen divisions, and re-seed you into the proper division after 8ish games, makes it easy to get teams well matched), most teams seem to be full of pretty good guys with fairly minimal chippiness/B.S. (beside the expected shoving/odd hit/bits of stickwork), and free parking Not perfect or anything, it's all the way in Richmond, many refs clearly want to just go home at times and go into "call nothing, not even icings" mode, and the length of the 3rd period is not fixed, but overall I've been loving it, fairly well run league with teams made up of mostly good guys who compete hard without crossing the line too often.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote