Thread: Miettinen
View Single Post
Old
10-14-2003, 08:46 AM
Dr GLU

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern
I think eh is mostly right. I think Miettinen might be a 2nd liner on a bad team, max. He could shift up there and perform while a player is injured, but I think he will mostly be a 3rd line type player on a good team.

Probably 15-20 goals and 30-45 points a season. He is fairly old (for a prospect), and while he will adjust to the NHL game, he is not going to get drastically better. What we see is pretty much going to be what we get.
He will be a second liner on this team after the Youngs and Turgeons start leaving. He has the talent to do so, and the main thing that will keep his scoring relatively low for the time being is a lack of ice time, especially on the power play, and the adjustment period to the NA game (though that doesn't look like it will take long). Truly, the only difference between a good third liner and a second liner is significant power play time. However, much like Lehtinen and Barnes, I think he'll score right around the level expected of a 2nd/3rd liner while contributing a lot more off the scoresheet.

And BTW, it's the latter, nordique.