Thread: The Core
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
NJRangers35

vCash: 500
The Core

Hey everybody, first post but long time reader. I have read these boards religiously for years now and have finally decided to post. I have been bored with no Rangers hockey since Saturday and have to wait until Wednesday for Game 1. I am very excited and think we match up well against the Capitals and can make this a series. With all that said I have been bored and have been doing research and thinking about the core of our team. I was curious to who you fans believe are the core of this team and will be here for years to come.

Going into next year I think we will see a team similar of:

?-Brad Richards-Marian Gaborik
Brandon Dubinsky-Artem Asminov-Ryan Callahan
?-Derek Stepan-?
?-Brian Boyle-Brandon Prust

I really do believe we will sign Richards by finding ways to either unload or hide the contracts of Drury, Avery, and Boogard. I like Prospal but each years hes getting older and an injury risk and I think it is time to move on from him, the same with Chistensen. If we get Richards there is no reason to hold on to him anymore. That leaves four holes on the offense which I believe we can fill in house. I like Wolski and think he can be useful on the third line.

Maybe Zuccarello or Grachev or the kid we signed today could step up and give us a solid third line. The biggest hole that leaves us would be a first line LW.

Then I love our defense and still have a lot of faith in Del Zotto. Maybe bring back Eminger or bring up someone from the minors to pair with him.

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Del Zotto-?

I think we have a nice core of players in Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Del Zotto, Sauer, Dubinsky, Callahan, Lundqvist, Amisinov, Stepan, and Boyle. That is a lot of you players with a ton of talent to go along with FA signings Gaborik and Richards.

Can someone please update me on our minors situation and if we have any big time prospects who can fit into this core and what their ceilings are. I think if this young talent continues to develop with Lunqvist in his prime and Gaborik back on track, were not to far from being a serious cup contedner.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Last edited by NJRangers35: 04-11-2011 at 07:10 PM.
NJRangers35 is offline   Reply With Quote