Thread: Player Discussion: Brian "Gretzky" Boyle?
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2011, 10:52 PM
HockeyBurd*

vCash: 500
Oh *phew*... I get to restore order to the earth and disagree with you. I don't think his offense has been "smoke and mirrors" at all. Go the NHL.com and rewatch all his goals. They are for the most part created by the way he played, his natural ability, and his natural physical attributes. Hell, his goal production is less smoke and mirrors than Dubinsky's... and I love Dubinsky. Will he replicate this season? I can't write him off. He hasn't been scoring lately. Join the club... well... he already is part of the club... never mind. And he has hit a few posts lately and has been missing wide. Typical of the hot and cold streaks that all non elite players go through. This is how they score. That's how most 20 goal scorer seasons look.

I pretty much never wanted to see Boyle again before this season started. He made me eat crow. His season has been all around excellent. Both ends of the ice. He has taken a beating and kept going. He has been a perfect compliment to Prust. After this season I definitely give him the benefit of the doubt and welcome him back with open arms next season. Heck, this season isn't even over yet. He'll most likely have to be an integral part of any success they will have.