Thread: Player Discussion: Brian "Gretzky" Boyle?
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Well, I for one did not expect him to continue his goal scoring. His 21 goals or how ever many he is a fluke to me, honestly. He will never score more then say 12 in a year, again. I'd like to be wrong, but I just don't see it.
Gotta love the Boyle bashers... the guy plays with such offensive powerhouses this season as Brandon Prust, Fedotenko, and Avery. He gets ZERO PP time, EC gets a minute per PP and Boyle and his 21 goals get none. That's right, NONE. He plays against teams top players like Staal, Ovie, Carter, etc. every night. He gets a ton of PK time where he manages to produce points when most players are just trying to kill penalties. Also the guy has never played so much, its quite obvious he and Prust are worn down from so much usage this season. If you look at Fedotenko he seems to be producing and adding a spark wherever he plays, probably cause he has been rested for long stretches why Boyle and Prust as well have never been given a break. Hopefully drury takes some pressure off Boyle and he is given some chances with offensive minded players. Boyle is not a playmaker, he can finish though which is one reason that I can't stan he isn't given a chance on the PP. Hard to predict his totals for next season, depends on his role, his line mates and if he is given PP time IMO. 15-25 goals depending on those factors, but that remains to be seen. I would hate to see him go, reminds me of a Keith Primeau type who has the defensive skills and scoring ability, just needs to use his size and play more physical at times. Lets see what he does in the playoffs.