Thread: Player Discussion: Brian "Gretzky" Boyle?
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Boyle has also had numerous shifts with Cally, Dubi, Gabby, etc and has looked very much out of place imho. Also both Feds and Prust have doubled Boyles productions in the last 20ish games.

Dont get me wrong, im happy with Boyles season as a whole, but i think his offensive evaporation has hurt us. If I'm sather, I dont pay this guy more than a typical 4th line center makes...whatever that is.
Numerous shifts? really as in the game in Atlanta where he played with Gaborik (who is not a playmaker but a finisher and really tore it up this season) and the few games here and there he played with Dubinsky and Cally (probably totaling less than 3 total).

I explained why I think Feds has looked better, he has had a long layoff. Prust doesn't get as much icetime as Boyle as Boyle is on the ice for almost every defensive zone draw in the 3rd period, its usually either him or Dubinsky. Boyle has different responsibilities than Prust, not gonna compare a winger and our shut-down center as not a fair comparison because they have different roles.

Boyle is playing 3rd line center, EC is the 4th line center. Find me a 4th line center under 28 who has 21 goal. Boyle is due a raise, 2 years 2 million a year sounds about right to me, well deserved.