View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 12:21 AM
dkollidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganie View Post
I only read the solutions section. A few things:
Ribeiro is better than Weiss. Calling Weiss a first line and Ribeiro a second line center is just wrong. There's no way they would trade away that much for a player like Weiss. And they'd be insane to do it for Vinny and his $7.2m-caphit-till-he's-40 either.

It's debatable, but I don't see Luke Adam making it as a center. He already plays wing in the AHL and I don't expect that to change.

LA and Columbus wouldn't trade away Schenn/Johansen for a package of lesser players.
-Agreed on Weiss, although I think Ribero also falls into the second line center category so I left him there.
-Regarding Adam, yes it's debatable, but he's a big body down the middle we've needed for a long long time. But yes, he is currently playing wing for Portland, but has lined up for stints at center for Buffalo.
- Agree on the Schenn/Johansen comment, just saying it's an option for them to look at, although yes, it would likely take an overpayment that Regier is not willing to take. He's got enough confidence in his own guys he drafted than to trade them for someone he didn't draft at all.