Thread: Player Discussion: Brian "Gretzky" Boyle?
View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Thats right, cause he isn't a 4th line center! He is a 3rd line center, Inferno is saying pay him as if he is a 4th line center. EC has been our 4th line center for that last 2-3 weeks, now Drury is. Maybe Boyle will get Drury money
hes a defensive center. his minutes are what they are because hes one of our top penalty killers, he starts every period, he starts every shift after goals (for and against, unless his line scored it), etc. Its the same reason Blair Betts played 14+ minutes a night with us. He IS a 4th line center. The Reason hes playing such huge minutes is because he plays a quality defensive game. he isn't a liability, and you can count on his line to hold the fort and stem opposition momentum. with that said, this isn't something thats unique to him, and, i dont see the offensive output he had earlier in the season as something we can count on going forward. So, like I said, there is no way in hell i pay him 2 mil a year, and, i would most definitely trade him, and some other parts, to improve elsewhere.