Old
04-12-2011, 02:49 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Again, it may not look that hot but thats cause you assume you know exactly how these players will develop at age 17 or 18. That makes you look like a fool, sorry, but it does as long as you continue to downplay a draft where in we could pick players that could matter to a franchise who has lost half its first rounders in the last decade to trade/bust/death/injury.

Every pick counts, even in a bad draft a team can walk away with a difference maker, all I have to back that up is history.
True, but the gamble is just that much higher. I would much rather move the pick for an established player than risk it on a crapshoot of a draft like this.

Man, sometimes you are so out to lunch. There is a reason teams are moving picks in this draft like no one's business. You sit there and call me a fool when you are the one who has no idea what he is talking about. Scouts around the league feel this is a very subpar draft. I guess you know more than they do, eh, BN? Pray tell, why are you not employed by a NHL team right now as a scout if you know so much more than them?

Why would the team not move a first round pick on an established player in a situation such as this? It would be foolish to NOT do that if the chance arose for a suitable player.