View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 06:26 AM
elduderino

vCash: 500
What a lot of people don't realize is that Josi has already played against men the last three seasons in the highest Swiss league (NLA) for SC Bern (one of the premier clubs in Switzerland). The last two years he was their No. 1 d-man and was a pretty big part in winning the championship last year. As a 19-year old he flat out dominated the league and in the playoffs (was one of the leading scorers of the league).

While the NLA isn't the best league in Europe, it still has a high level of play. As far as I can remember there was never a younger d-man in the NLA before Josi, who could play and dominate like him. Mark Streit (NYI) was never even close to Josi's play at the same age.
So putting all things in perspective, I think the Nashville organization does the right thing wit Josi, because they know how valuable he'll become for them. On any other team in the NHL Josi would already play, but it wouldn't benefit his development. In Milwaukee he can learn the NA game and log big minutes in all situations. Very important aspects of developing a young player and something you rarely try at the NHL level. The NHL isn't a league for developing young players.

I'm really excited about Josi and think - if all things go well - he could be more than very good top 4 d-man in the NHL. Maybe even a top-pairing defenseman.

Here some footage of Josi as an 18/19-year old in the Swiss League and his first WC:

Last edited by elduderino: 04-12-2011 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Video added
elduderino is offline   Reply With Quote