View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Just because we beat them 3-1 in the season series doesn't change the fact that the we're the 8th seed and they're the 1st seed, or that they are a team that has disappointed in the past and clearly is feeling pressure to step it up a notch. Look at the Sharks last year. Similar situation. They didn't win it all, but they finally got to the Conference Finals.

It's hard to imagine that the Capitals will play as poorly as they did last year against MTL, or as uninspiring a team game as they did two years ago against the Rangers. They want to get over the hump, so I imagine they're going to be quite motivated. They don't want to be known as the team that rolls over for underdogs every year. This is also as good a chance as they may get to go all the way, with Crosby out of the picture.

This is all in addition to the sad fact that this team is going to be playing without it's best skater.
I understand what you're saying, but I don't see how anyone can think this series won't go at least 6 games, no matter who you think is going to win.