View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
How about now after his 12 game addition in the NHL? Any expanded thoughts on Hartikainen?
Watched the game against Vancouver a week ago and Hartikainen didn’t look out of place. He showed good physical presence, even got some offence going and it seems that he has adapted well to the North American game. Definitely an improvement over the pre-season game that I saw where he looked a tad slow and somewhat lost.

After seeing that he might actually stick to NHL, I’d rank him higher on that list. Still, it’ll be interesting to see what happens when Oilers move on from the rebuild mode and possibly start looking for some UFA signings. The competition for roster spots and ice time should get a lot tougher in future.

I have to say that it would be nice to see one of these bigger Finnish forwards making it for a change, because there have been plenty of guys who have more or less failed while trying. Jani Rita, Tuomas Pihlman, Masi Marjamäki, Lauri Tukonen, Petteri Nokelainen, Oskar Osala, Mikko Lehtonen to name some from the top of my head. It’s not like Hartikainen was the most promising or skilled from these guys, but I guess it often comes down to how hard you work and just being at the right place at the right time.