View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Too many Hab fans change their minds too quickly (no true loyalty, no patience).

IF coach Martin and GM Gauthier decided to follow fans' advice we'd still have Jaroslav Halak...and Carey Price would have been shipped out for who knows what? (low value last year...this year his value has sky-rocketed and many of those same fans now love him...some fans don't deserve to cheer for Price,imo).

Kovalev would still be here (ugh!).

Roy: many fans booed Roy and Roy was the main reason we got Cups in 1986 and 1993 + a Cup Finals in 1989. I still can't believe fans booed Roy. After 2 Cups + 1 Finals...he deserved the right to be lukewarm sometimes. He went on to win 2 Cups with Colorado...

Price: last year so many were booing a young Price (not everyone, but many). Where's the loyalty?

Whether Price does well or not in these playoffs...I'm a huuuuge fan. I thought it would take another season or two before having one like this year's regular season. If he has a lukewarm playoffs...I'd still sign him to a 7 year deal. i have faith in him.

Pleks and 40pts season!!: many wanted to ship him out...now we know what a solid/very good/two-way #2 center he is. Decent/good #1 center.

Gomez: yes it is true...hard to defend him but he may bounce back in these playoffs, and owes Hab fans a solid season for 2011-2012, and he knows it. With Gomez, Gionta, Camm, Pyatt, Gill,etc...Habs are 2 for 2 (making playoffs)...very very important, imo. Missing the playoffs would be so darn miserable. We now have a chance to create some magic and it starts with Price and PK...and Gomez playing well would obviously help as well.
Let's save the booing for summertime or maybe it won't happen depending on our playoff results. I'm gonna predict that Pleks helps us defensively, and Gomez will help us with offense and defense. Pleks looks semi-injured right now...doesn't look like himself out there right now, like he's at 70-80%. I hope I'm wrong.

Some true loyalty + patience would be good...

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-12-2011 at 01:50 PM.