Thread: Player Discussion: Brian "Gretzky" Boyle?
View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
HockeyBurd*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
personally there are many pieces that im not particularly enamored with that id be willing to part with to get something better.

id be willing to move any of:
MZA
Boyle
Our first and both our 2nds this year
Avery
Drury
Christensen
Kundratek
Valentenko

and then you can start talking about other players, like Grachev, AA, Girardi, etc when talking about "significant" upgrades.
Well if you're talking about "one man's trash is another man's treasure" type deals, then yeah, Sather can always make those lateral or worse moves. He can always make some Tyutin for Zherdev type deal. Maybe we lose out or maybe we end up with a Prust type piece.

In any case it will be a deal that isn't particularly exciting or especially impacting in the grand scheme of things more often than not. And in that case, I'd rather take a chance on Boyle not being a fluke than trying to "sell high". Then again I have never been into the "trade player A just because" type of stuff that is fun on these boards.

If there is a deal with an asset of significance coming back, I'm all ears. But if that's the case then nobody is off the table really. And like I said, if that deal is happening, Boyle is going to be an afterthought part of the deal.