View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
I never said ive given up on him. I still have faith that he will return to form. But honestly if i was able to offer Del Zotto, Wolski, Avery, and our 2 2nds for a young top line player, id do it in a heart beat. It would allow us to sign Richards as well.

The powerplay wasnt really fine with him on it last year and his break out passes have been suspect at best lately. Of course signing Burns would not be a guarantee but we have TONS of very talented two way defenseman who are ready to compete for a spot. V-Tank, Kundratek, Pashnin, and McIlrath. The backend isnt really our problem, its lack of top line talent. Once we have that we really can trade for a good offensive dman.
If by a young top line player you mean a point per game player, then I would pull the trigger on that trade too, I just don't think that would be the return we get for that especially since Avery is on his way out (even if he was not he is negative value, nobody wants him).

Also, I personally do not believe any of the mentioned players will bring the offensive capabilities Del Zotto has from the blue line, maybe except for Burns and McIlrath. I only say McIlrath because I literally know nothing about his game. Even so, I would rather use what we have in the system instead of out-bid ourselves for free agents.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote