View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Hockeygirl2748

vCash: 500
Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

I don't think Pompea is throwing Howson under the bus. I think he is just pointing out that they have no control over injuries and trades. Many people were baffled by the Sestito trade, myself not included. He didn't fit in Columbus' plans. So get something in Chaput for him.

At least Pompea shows he is at least caring about the performance and not giving the they tried their best line.

Now onto the weekend re-cap...

4/8/11 v.s. Albany Devils

The Falcons won 6-0.

Ben Guite opened the scoring at 14:58 of the 1st period.Assists to wade MacLeod & Tomas Kubalik.

David Savard scored from the circle (his favorite place to shoot from) at 9:15 of the 2nd period. Unassisted.

Ben Guite scored his 2nd of the game at 12:35 of the 2nd period on a rebound. Assists to Nikita Filatov & Maksim Mayorov.

Tomas Kubalik scored less than a minute later at 13:40 of the 2nd period from in front of the goal. Assists to Theo Ruth & Wade MacLeod.

Trevor Smith scored on the PP at 4:42 of the 3rd period on a wristshot. Assists to Brent Regner & David Savard.

Nick Tarnasky closed the scoring at 19:46 of the 3rd period. Assists to Steven Goertzen & David Savard.

One fight...

Aaron Bogosian v.s. Brad Mills

Both landed some hard punches. Bogosian ate one square to the face. Slight win for Mills.

Bogosian is not a big guy, 6' 190. I would say more like 5'10". He is willing to take on bigger guys, and fairs OK against them.

A few notes...
A bit of dirty play in the 3rd. Kyle Neuber & Albany's Pierre-Luc Letorneau-Leblond were chirping each other. P-L L-L slashes Neuber high and then again across the leg. Not light slashes either, the leg slash has baseball swing to it. Then Louis Robitaille goes after Neuber. P-L L-L ended up with a misconduct, slashing and roughing minors. Neuber with just a roughing minor.

Allen York posted 30 saves for his 1st pro shutout.

4/9/11 v.s. Providence Bruins

The Falcons lost 3-2 to close out the home portion of the season.

Maksim Mayorov scored at 10:03 of the 2nd period. He shot the puck off of the back of goaltender Hutchinson's right skate. Assists to Nikita Filatov & Anton Blomqvist.

Cam Atkinson scored at 15:04 of the 3rd period. Assist to Ben Guite.

One fight...
Denny Kearney v.s. Adam Estoclet

The best fight of this season IMO. Kearney unleashed punch after punch on Estoclet and I don't think Estoclet landed any punches to Kearney.

A couple of notes...

Aaron Bogosian fractured his ankle during the game tonight. Get well wishes out to him.

The Falcons had a goal disallowed for being hit in with a high stick. Right call, the stick was probably 6" higher than the crossbar.

Davaid LeNeveu brought his C game. He was not playing well, not even fighting the puck. Just seemed like he didn't care that much. JMO though.

4/10/11 @ Portland Pirates

Falcons won 2-1 in OT.

Tomas Kubalik scored at 5:41 of the 3rd period. Drove hard to the net to score. Assists to Denny Kearney & Ben Guite.

Nikita Filatov scored at 3:05 of OT to win it for the Falcons/ Assis to John Moore & David Savard.

A few notes...
Paul Dainton had 17 saves to pick up the win in goal.

The Falcons outshot the Pirates 15-1 in the 3rd.

I will be posting a report card for most of the players this evening. A grade and a few thoughts about how they progresses or regressed this season.