View Single Post
Old
10-14-2003, 10:02 AM
windowlicker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
I've said before that I think Comrie is a great little player. I would love to see him in a Thrasher sweater, but at the right price though.

In Edmonton, he is a wasting asset and the sooner Lowe moves him (or signs him) the better. In Atlanta, he would immediately step into the #1 or #2 centerman spot and energize the offense. The Thrashers would then be very small down the middle, but probably very skilled and quick. It's a tough tradeoff that I would make for the right price.

What then is the right price? Right now, Hurme or Dafoe are on the market. Plus any defenseman not named Exelby, Coburn, Sutton, Kaberle. I suppose all draft choices could be had too.

So let's try this:

To Edmonton: Hurme (or Dafoe), Majesky (or DiPenta, Trembley, Tamer), and the 1st rounder next year.

To Atlanta: Comrie and Rita

I know that my Thrasher colleagues will howl over losing the 1st and a shot at Ovechin, but I think this deal makes some sense.

From the Thrashers' perspective it fills two forward holes. Little risk (other than size in Comrie) and much risk with the Finnish winger Rita (too many Kallo memories here). I think Rita needs a fresh start.

For the Oil, Hurme gives them a legit #1 at a fair price--allowing them to move Salo, if they want. Majesky gives a large bodied defenseman to add some muscle (actually I would rather they take the other guys) and the first should be a serious talent--maybe Ovechin himself.

What say the crowd?
Kevin Lowe "WHERE DO I SIGN????"