View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 08:01 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
On the coaching changes.....

Firing Ruff might be what Buff needs but he has proven himself to be a coach who can change and adapt his system as time goes along as has been evidenced in each of his last few seasons and not only due to the addition/subtraction of players but also in how he took a team that pretty much ran a passive Left Wing Lock leaving the neutral zone to create his o rush into a 3 -1 -1 when he had the horses on the back end and now into another homologation of the LWL with the exception that he runs his center as his late press support or 3V1-1.

Ruff is more of an institution in Buff and with his ability to get allot out of a little I can't see him being moved but, as of now maybe it wouldn't be a terrible idea or at least worthy of discussion.

I would be happy to give the Trotter another year or two in order to see what he can do with a completely healthy and stocked team (stocked with talented players).

Look at the Canucks success and you can see where AV has earned one more try but if the nucks are out before the finals you can bet that they will be looking for a replacement too.

Wilson Shmilson, he is a competent coach but lets see him take that sow's ear further.

My biggest problem with TM is that he isn't a good head coach any longer and that his time has come, it hasn't much to do with the amount of time he has been given to win a cup, it is more to do with the fact that we are seeing the exact same weaknesses that brought him down in Fla and Phi. That with his inability to adapt on the fly are the reasons that he shouldn't be coaching the Kings imo right now.
The funny part is people want to hire a coach with Zero NHL coaching experience. And no track record of success. And think that is going to solve all the Kings problems while creating none.

You people are bonkers.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote