View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Nitrous Mafia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I wouldn't call him a schmuck for predicting that a goalie who was tossed away by one team would play well against them in the playoffs. Chris Mason always seems to play well against us.
playing well =/= being the reason they win the series. plus, he never showed up for any big games for us.

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I haven't been a die-hard for too long, but I do play goalie in both high school and travel right now, so this is something i know about. When a goalie plays against his former team, one of two things happens. The most common (at least at my level) is the goalie tries too hard and get out of position, letting in weak goals. At every other position it is good to work hard, but goaltending relies so much on precision and control that a goalie whose emotions are out of whack is not in a good position Every once in awhile a goalie will harness his emotions and use them to play out of his mind, but most of the time it can backfire very easily. I think the "coming home" factor will hurt Ellis as much as it'll help him.

this.