View Single Post
Old
04-12-2011, 09:53 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Richards spoke today

Quote:
“I’ll talk with my family and start figuring it out. It’s a little too early to kind of process,” Richards said Tuesday. “I have lots of time. There’s no deadline until obviously July. Lots of time to sit down and ponder what’s going to happen.”
Quote:
“There’s been a little chatter but it’s always came back to if I am going to sign and there’s no ownership, I am still kind of hesitant. And there may not be ownership by the time I have to make a decision,” said Richards, who made $7.8 million this past season. “Right now there’s no rush, there’s nothing that’s pressing me. I am going to try to see what happens. If there is no change, it doesn’t mean I am leaving. I’ll have to make a different type of decision at that time. Right now it doesn’t look like it’s going to be in place but, like I said, there’s no deadline right now, so I can sit back. I am sure I will talk with Joe here in the next day or two and get a better idea. Then we’ll wait and see.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/DallasStars/...-brad-richards

He is contradicting himself but what can he really say. Won't re-sign with the Stars if the team isn't sold and really gets a chance to see how much money the new ownership will spend on payroll and then says if the team isn't sold it doesn't mean he is leaving. The banks own the Stars. They had a $45M budget this past season which was $2M above the floor. The floor will increase by $3M next season. They have to spend to the floor which will be $1M more than they spent in 10-11.