View Single Post
Old
04-13-2011, 12:15 AM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Its not about toughness or size, its about the ability to play both sides of the puck against real NHL players which is essential to play the center position on a top-two line in the modern NHL. Playing top six doesn't mean you get to play offense, it means you have to be able to counter and outplay the other teams good players. Desharnais has good offensive skills, that doesn't mean he has to play top-six to be effective. At his stage of developement the best strategic use for him is to pair him with other developing offensive players and put him on against the marginal players that make up teams 4th lines and have him develope by rampaging against them. Which is exactly what Martin does when he has a full lineup.
I agree, but I'm just saying he could probably be fine on that line right now with the team defense they have. Not to mention all the offensive zone possession they'd have. Boychuk's speed guards against the counter. You could even play a lock with the size on that line. Reminds me of Ribeiro that way. Just because he wasn't fast enough for our team concept doesn't mean he wouldn't have been dangerous on other Canadiens teams that had that size, like the 93 and late 80's teams. It's all relative. And to say he's too young might be missing that picture. Maybe.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote