View Single Post
Old
04-13-2011, 05:58 AM
FlyerX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
I hesitate to call Boyes a big center, he's got an average NHL stature but he doesn't play big at all. Add into the fact that Boyes has played wing with St. Louis for most of the season, and you shouldn't have to change anything.

Clearly, the Flyers are the stronger team down the middle, that was quite the coming out party for Giroux in last years playoffs and obviously he's not a fluke. The changes in Ruff's system since Roy went down with a torn muscle, don't rely heavily on the centers to provide play making. The Sabres lead the attack on their wings usually, and the centers focus more on playing defense. The centers are usually the last ones out of the d-zone and the first ones out of the o-zone. So while they are less talented, less is being asked of them offensively too, but I don't expect either team to dominate this series with defensive play.

In fact, I'm hoping Miller will be the great equalizer.
Miller is obviously going to have to be your best player. You're also going to need goals from Pominville and Stafford. The Flyers are better defensively on the right side, so I expect a lot of dumps going into the left D corner. O'Donnell turns the puck over a lot and BUF is better off trying to wear down Timmonen and Carle than Meszaros, Pronger and Coburn.

FlyerX is offline   Reply With Quote