View Single Post
Old
04-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
a guy like Grachev may not come back again if we dont have a spot for him to win. not saying that you let yourself be held hostage by him.

anyways, id rather keep Prospal anyway, and i dont think we'll be able to keep both.
We have 12 spots for Grachev to win. If he doesn't earn a spot on the team, he doesn't deserve to be with the big club. I want him to succeed just like everyone else, but handing him a spot is the last thing we should be doing as a club. If both Feds and Prospal want to come back, and are willing to take a reasonable contract, you take that every day of the week. They provide veteran leadership, are hard workers, good lockerroom guys, and can still actually play.

If a 20 - 23 year old trying to break into the league can't outplay 2 30+ vets, they're not ready. This team is rebuilding for sure, but they're not just going to hand young guys a spot. Only bottomfeeding teams do that. If Grachev feels like he's entitled to a spot on the Rangers because he's been in Hartford for 2 years, he can go somewhere else for all I care. I'm not saying that's how he feels. But if it is, I don't want him around. The entitlement attitude days of this team are over (thankfully), be it vets on retirement contracts, or youngsters that feel they've earned a shot simply because we drafted them.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote