Habs-Bruins Series Discussion
View Single Post
04-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Originally Posted by
I'd like to see any evidence at all that the Bruins are fragile mentally.
In 08 they were the 8th seed against the first seed, went down in the series early, bounced back, and took it to 7.
Then they outperformed their way to a top seeding, swept a certain team, and met the last gasp of the old playoff veteran Canes squad from their cup year, including the last time anyone met a healthy Cam Ward in the playoffs. IIRC they were red hot too, steamrolling into the playoffs and all the way to the 6th seeding from 12th place 3 months before. Down 3 games to 1 against a red hot, playoff veteran team, the B's fought the series even and lost on 2 bad bounces.
You'd have had a point last year if they hadn't pulled an upset in the prior series, or if they'd had more business being in the playoffs in the first place with the literal worst offense in the NHL. Or, for that matter, if the Flyers hadn't crushed a certain team, having in the end far less trouble from them than they had from the B's, and then went to the Finals to put up a fight there too.
Sorry, just not seeing this fragility.
- Worst collapse in NHL history
- Leaving a city between games 3 and 4 to get away from fans
- Two spastic goalies who can't control their emotions
- A captain who has a history of underachieving in the playoffs
- Guys like Lucic and Horton who far too often let their emotions get the better of them
- Constant complaining in the media (Marchand, Recchi, Lucic, etc)
- Can't believe you actually used the Carolina series as a sign of mental toughness... All they did was whine about a 'sucker punch' and then proceed to get eliminated by the same guy they were whining about
Yes, they are very weak mentally.
View Public Profile
Bill McNeal's albums
Find More Posts by Bill McNeal