View Single Post
Old
04-13-2011, 10:11 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeahhhh i somehow doubt this is how it plays out. you actually rarely see guys taking paycuts of any significant amount because they "don't want to saddle a team with a big cap hit"

I'm sure Richards does want to go somewhere that gives him a chance to win another cup, but I'd also bet that he fudges that if he can get a big payday from another team
Whatever, man. You'll see. There are players that do do that, usually they just do that for teams they are already on (like the Sedins or some of the Red Wings guys).

Going to Toronto would be an absolute nightmare for Richards. Why would he want to put himself through that endless ********? I have no doubt they'll throw a big deal at him, and he'll pass on it.

The Kings aren't going to throw the kitchen sink at him. They need goalscoring more than playmaking at this point. The Bolts would like him, but he isn't a priority and it just doesn't make sense for them.

If I was him, the only team I'd consider going to other than the Rangers is the Bruins, if Savard retires and frees up cap space. And even then, I still think the Rangers make more sense for Richards.

His next cap hit is at least $1 million per year less than it is now. Book it.