View Single Post
Old
04-13-2011, 04:40 PM
clmetsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Lundqvist brings it consistently every year. That I don't doubt (or anyone for that matter). He is definitely within top-3 in that category since the lockout. That being said, there are usually a few goalies each year that surpass Lundqvist stats-wise, but may not do it every year like Lundqvist does, like you're saying.

This year, you have to include Rinne and Thomas in the vezina talk (though Thomas hasn't played as many games), Luongo, Lundqvist, and Price. There might be 1 or 2 more I'm missing.

I think Rinne should take it this year. One of the only reasons Nashville holds the #5 spot. Thomas can too, but for some reason I can't grasp the fact that he doesn't play a 70-game or so regular season like most starting goalies.
Right, I agree with the Vezina argument. But that's not what JerseyGirl was referring to when she was ranking the goalies (or relating how others ranked them). The discussion on the main board is who was the best (aka who would you most want between the pipes for your team in the playoffs). And for the purpose of that discussion, Thomas having to play every game is factoring heavily into a lot of people's decisions.

So yes, while Thomas had a better season, his past seasons and his consistency have some feeling that they'd rather have Hank.

And for what it's worth, I'm not sure why JerseyGirl had Thomas so low on her list. Looking over that thread, people who have him outside of the top 3 are few and far between.

Last edited by clmetsfan: 04-13-2011 at 04:47 PM.
clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote