View Single Post
Old
04-13-2011, 03:45 PM
One Trick Pony

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice Brisebois View Post
This isn't exact related to the thread title buuuut...

Just started playing again, after not having played NHL 11 for a long time.

I'm getting really frustrated trying to find the right settings. It seems like no matter what I do, my goalies are absolutely terrible and let in atrocious goals from any angle possible, all while I have to work my butt off to score a goal against the other team's goalie. (Even when I have my goalie's reaction speed slider maxed) I'm playing on Superstar with the latest tuner set, and it seems like every game I play, I outshoot the AI like 40-20 and lose like 5-2.

Is there any tips you guys could recommend to help me fix this? Specific tuner set versions? sliders? Or perhaps a site that has a list of some decent sliders I could use? I'm playing Be-A-GM btw
L34rn h0w t0 9l1tch n00b

Seriously I don't know. My problem is that I always try to make the perfect play to score, whereas you it seems you shoot from anywhere (otherwise it would be impossible to take 40 shots).

Just like in real life, you gotta make the goalie move or wait till someone screens him before you shoot. This last one seems to work a lot in NHL11. Often on the replay you see the goalie trying to see past his D or an opposing player and he gets down on the butterfly early leaving everything on top open.

And most important I find is rebounds. It became a habit for me to always shoot low and it's been working pretty well. You either get a rebound or score between the pad and blocker ala Gionta.