View Single Post
Old
04-13-2011, 05:36 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Now . here is why I want him to keep talking about the lack of ownership. I don't trust the people saying this deal gets done soon. I don't think the lenders are motivated enough to take a reasonable offer. However, any idiot looking at the Stars realizes losing Brad Richards will set the Stars back a bit. Enough so, that if I'm buying the team, my offer goes down without him in the mix. If I'm bidding on the Stars, and I don't get an opportunity to keep him, I'm pissed. I think/hope that Brad's situation might help to facilitate a deal who knows? It's the only hope I can think of.....
What if Joe actually doesn't truly want him back at the money number he thinks it will cost, regardless of ownership situation? Of course Nieuwendykwants Richards back and will continue to say so until he signs a contract elsewhere, but maybe the lenders know that Joe's intentions are to let Richards walk and use that money elsewhere. There aren't just a whole lot of players who are worth over $7 million per year; I don't think Richards fits in that echelon of players. (Not that he won't get that somewhere)