View Single Post
Old
10-14-2003, 11:47 AM
vipergtsr404

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vipergtsr404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ********
Another thing, even if we all wish an all offense team, we don't have the tool to do so. So forget about the great offensive team of the 70s,
okay sure we haven't got as many offensive weapons as the seventies team but that seventies team was far from all offense

Ken Dryden, Larry Robinson, Lapointe, Savard, Nyrop, defensive forwards like Gainey and others. The team was as solid as any of todays teams defensively with an ass kicking offense. thats where i wanna go and thats where we are headed IMO.

Theodore and Garon

Hainsey Komo Markov

Perezhogin, Kastitsyn, Ryder, Ward, Higgins, it started from the net and the results of the future are working there way out to the forwards it will take time but i see the foundation coming into place one piece at a time.

keeping the puck out is as important as putting it in and the team will be solid at keeping it out this year as it continues to learn how to put the puck in.

Imagine how much more effective our offense will be in three seasons when solid puck moving d men like the aforementioned three are reaching the peak of their careers. This team is gonna be smoking in the not to distant future. Be patient we are headed down the right road.