View Single Post
Old
04-14-2011, 07:06 AM
nhljohnson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
He's been solid for us no doubt. That said, I'm not a big fan of bringing him back for another season.
It's a big decision. Will be interesting to see how Yzerman prioritizes the team's needs after Stamkos is re-signed. Offense? Defense? Goaltender?

As has been mentioned, with Bryzgalov, Vokoun or Rinne there is no guarantee a) that they will be available come July 1 and b) they will come cheaply. Of the three, I see Vokoun as the most likely to be available come July 1. If Phoenix lets Bryzgalov reach free-agency, it will be a 100% financial decision, not a hockey one.
Is Nashville really willing to roll with Lindback next season? The day will come when they part ways with Rinne, but I don't think that time is now.

For a slew of reasons, Roloson is the best choice, IMO. The practical choice, especially if you believe that committing at least an extra $2-3 million to the goaltending will only yield at best only marginal improvement at that position. Is that Yzerman's perspective? Guess we'll find out.