View Single Post
Old
10-14-2003, 12:02 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Agreed. But, while I don't want him to be the next Kloucek, he isn't as strong on his skates as I would like. That being said, bulking up and becoming stronger on your skates is a gradual process and doesn't happen over one summer. It may take him a year or two of training to see a major improvement in that area.
I think it's something already noticeable. I haven't seen him get manhandled down low yet and we've played teams with players who can manhandle. That's where his problem lies, can he tie a man up in front of the net, can he pin a man along the boards. You don't have to be a great checker to keep the crease clear but you do have to be smarter and as strong as the one your battling with, you don't have to be a bruiser to control the defensive zone but you have to be strong enough to isolate the play along the boards. Nik Lidstrom does all of these things extremely well and that's who Eaton needs to replicate, he'll never be Chelios style player. Now please don't think I believe he has Lidstromís or Cheliosí potential, just using them as styles of play.