View Single Post
Old
04-14-2011, 12:16 PM
JoeDaddio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
All of the goalies for Anaheim are suspect: #danellisproblems, Hiller's vertigo, Emery's hip.

I wouldn't even know which one to pick.
As a Ducks fan, Emery inspires the most confidence and seems to play most consistently. Ellis can be hot, as he was against LA, or he can be incredibly mediocre (as you Preds fans are well aware of, I'm sure).

Ellis came in at a time when we were desperate for any kind of goaltending and did a pretty good job. He gave us a chance to be where we're at. But while I think he can be a solid #2, he just doesn't seem to have the longevity or streakeyness that's needed in a starter. he hasn't had a whole lot of time here in Anaheim, but that's my opinion on him, at least.

Emery has been to the show. He knows what it takes and he's brought it previously. He had an insane setback and had put in more work than probably anyone else to be where he is right now. He's playing for a number one spot somewhere next year. He's got the confidence and he seems to inspire confidence in the team in front of him. He's the easy choice for me... *if* he's healthy. As much as I'd love the Ducks to take this series, it's not worth ruining his career over. And if he's having hip problems I think that Ellis will get most of the starts.

Hiller... the poor guy. The man was on his way to being an elite goal tender, it seemed. And then this vertigo crap hit him out of nowhere. After his last start (against the Preds, natch) he gave up three goals on 9 shots (something like that). I don't think the team would have much confidence in him at this point. I sure don't. At this point I'm just hoping that he'll be healthy for next season. I don't know why anyone would think to put him in goal right now unless Emery and Ellis were both injured.

joe

JoeDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote