View Single Post
Old
04-14-2011, 02:52 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
This is a myth wings fans like to repeat as a way to believe there team is pretty soft because they dont have room for a skilless goon.

I can name a lot of tough guys who can play hockey just as well or better than Drew Miller or Mike Modano, a Boogard isnt what the wings need but get me Konopka or Tim Jackman.
Two is "a lot"? And I'm not even sure those two even qualify as guys who are as good or better than Miller. In fact, I would have to say they are not. And if they are as good or better than Modano, it's probably only because of his injury this year.

In reply to the original post, where would this team be improved with a regular fighter? The Wings are up 1-0 in their first round series as a #3 seed. Would a regular fighter instead have us up 1-0 as a #1 or #2 seed? I doubt it. It seems that if Bertuzzi has proven anything, it's the value of having a player who's pretty good at hockey (meaning he's a shoe-in for the playoffs) and occasionally fights. And I think he's scheduled to be back next season.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote