View Single Post
Old
08-08-2005, 12:34 PM
KingSweeny

vCash: 500
I think you make some generalizations....

The Blues are not in such a bad situation. Jackman, Backman, Brewer, Wienrich, Salvador + Khavanov?, Walker, Stuart, et al is young, mostly, but certainly a VERY solid Blue Line. They will be fine without the #1 Guy. Lalime will play beyond your expectations. The fact that you simply shrug off mention of Goaltending causes me to doubt your knowledge of the Blues. Lalime can be brilliant, and I expect he will be; not to mention the fact that the Blues have perhaps the best organizational depth at this position. We lack scoring depth, true, but not to the point of panic. Many in Blues Nation are hoping for an absolute tank of a season. It may be just what the franchise needs, but I just don't think it's going to happen. One or two modest UFA signings and this is still a playoff team. Cup team, hardly, but certainly capable of surprising an overly confident team high on cap comfort.

Back to the original trade proposal: Bryce Salvador is easily a top 4 on the Pens. Their depth at Blue line will be cemented with a rock like Salvador holding down the fort while their 2 Way D-men wander the offensive zone. Salvador would make them better, and if you can't see that, then you are missing the real reason a two way d-man finds success with any given team and why so many people hold Salvador in such high regard. (Obviously your ideal Pens are only interested in flash and dazzle, smoke and mirrors). Floaters and Cherry Pickers will feast on the Pen's unless they add a true stay at home guy like Salvador.