View Single Post
Old
04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
torero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
if i understood the schedule correctly, you'd likely face sweden and US in the qualification round. so let's assume after losing to canada and beating belarus/france in the prelim round, you are able to beat US and norway (or austria). so probably 3rd in the qual.round. and the 2nd place of the other group could be finland/czech/slovakia, assuming russia takes the 1st place.
switzerland should be good enough to win over finland, czechs or slovakia on a good day. it's not a given, still outsiders, but the chance is surely there.
This is a prediction on paper. An intuitive expected return in some sort.

but
We are not beaten by Canada yet !
We haven't beaten the Belarus yet !
We haven't beaten the Norwegians nor the Americans yet !

To me the only, almost reliable forecasts is to win against the French and loose against the Swedes !

But whatever, i prefer facing the Swedes in the group rather than in a duel to go to the next round.

In the rest, all is much more open. Therefore with luck ... who knows where the wind and the hockey sticks may bring us !

In other words, the swiss team has a level that is new, and has a new coach ... the dispersion around the reasonable expectation is too big to expect something. Therefore is say that to be in the semi-finals should be dooable (feasable) ... i did not say that i expect them to finish their !

I simply think that it is possible ... and i hope that we will !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote