View Single Post
Old
04-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkVanderHuge View Post
Ha! "all your life," i.e. when you decided to latch onto the team. How old are you? I'm not only asking because of your response, but because, before the advent of digital media, how did you watch the Flyers? Did you read boxscores in the paper, or did you get Prism in NH?

By the way, I was being facetious.

What is your rationale?

Do you think that the teams that you have hitched your wagon to have pretty colors? Did a player you like, play for one of those teams? And were you an Oilers fan?
If it's the latter, Simon Gagne was a good player and a good person in the community when he was here. Far as I know, he never turned down an autograph and always kept his nose clean. He's in Tampa Bay now, does that mean I should support the Lightning? Because I couldn't care less about their organization.

I have a personal example: my late grandfather is from NYC. He used to cut Joey D's hair at his barber shop, and was a walking Yankee encyclopedia. When my mom was a child, her father would take her into the dugout during bp, something I had an opportunity to do twice when I was a little kid.
He always made me watch the Yankees on TV when I would visit him, not like I had a choice.

Should I be a Yankees fan? Even though I was born and raised in Philly, and grew up watching the teams that play here?

Personally, I don't understand it. But I give a break to the people who don't\never lived here that want to support our teams.
Her rationale is you being a jerk off.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote