View Single Post
Old
08-08-2005, 06:04 PM
ReggieMoto

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman
Im not privy to stuff at Manchester but why is Hughes so hated?
Why does it have to be "hated"? I can't speak for anyone else but me, but I don't think the vibe you're picking up is hate. It's derision and disdain and contempt and it's not directed at Jim Hughes. That's not to say that Hughes is the best pick for the job either.

The issue is the Kings' management of the whole debacle of firing the Monarchs staff and then hiring one of them back. It was pretty evident that during the playoffs the Kings were micromanaging the Monarchs bench, and not just this year, either. The Monarchs get eliminated from the playoffs and the Kings fire the Monarchs coaching staff, including Jim Hughes.

Hughes had two big responsibilities: defensive coordinator and the PP. The PP was pretty bad last year (the Monarchs had one of the worst short-handed goals against averages last season), and the defensive corps wasn't much better. Why is he being promoted to head coach?

So, Hughes is fired, the Kings go this whole charade of searching high and low for the best possible candidate to replace Boudreau, and their final choice is the man they fired in the first place whose abilities are certainly suspect.

Other Monarchs fans can chime in with their opinions, but that's my take.