Old
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
http://www.islanderspointblank.com/

4. Jonathan Huberdeau: C, Saint John (QMJHL), 43-62-105 in 66 games
“He made one of the most impressive one-year improvements I’ve ever seen in doing this for 20 years.”
“A very gifted offensive player. He’ll be a No. 1 center in a few years.”

5. Ryan Strome: C, Niagara (OHL), 33-73-106 in 65 games
“Has the offensive skill of a top-five pick, but there are some question marks with his overall game.”
“This could be a real hit-or-miss pick for a team taking him in the top ten. He could be an all-star with proper development. There’s a solid chance he’ll be a second-line center, and you want more when you’re picking that high in the first round.”
“A dynamic talent that will help your team win games and sell tickets. Move Tavares to his wing and count all the goals.”

6. Ryan Murphy: D, Kitchener (OHL), 26-53-79 in 63 games
“His size (estimated at 5-9) doesn’t concern me because of his skating and skill.”
“Most scouts have him in the 5-10 range, but I know a few who put Murphy right up there with Nugent-Hopkins and Larsson.”
“The Islanders have not shied away from small, skilled defenseman in the draft in the past. And this kid is way better than any of those guys.”

7. Sean Couturier: W, Drummondville (QMJHL), 36-60-96 in 58 games
“Everyone wanted to see a little more from him this season, but I still don’t have any doubt about him. He’ll be a 35-goal, 70-point player in the NHL in three or four years.”
“Couturier could be this year’s Cam Fowler. If he slips, a few teams will regret it. He’ll be there at 4, almost definitely at 5, so it’s the Islanders’ call.”
“Not tough to envision the 6-4 Couturier playing alongside Tavares for a long time, putting up 80 points a season. He’s just going to need a little patience from coaches and fans.”

8. Dougie Hamilton: D, Niagara (OHL), 12-46-58 in 67 games
“Probably the safest pick in the 4-8 range. At worst, he’s going to be a No. 2 defenseman. I love his size (6-4), ability and compete level. He really has it all.”
“He was the league’s top scholastic player. The Islanders probably love that about him, so I would guess that he’s high on their list.”

I'm leery of Murphy because of his size.Of course,I was leery about Parise because of his size too

I hope Snow passes on Strome.I don't think there's much need to gamble on a hit or miss prospect.

If Snow comes out of the first round with Huberdeau,Hamilton or Couturier at #5, I'll be pretty happy.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote