View Single Post
Old
04-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Portable Mink
Go Walker!

vCash: 500
What i liked from watching game 1:

- The team looks composed. Tight games has become a custom of this team instead of a fear after not being able to score a few early to get the lead.
- As a result, the team is showing the patience required to wait until the opportunity presents. We have superior offensive weapons to pretty much any team we can face and we seem to understand that at some point, if we dont get scored on, we will score.

- Brooks Laich, set up the GWG imo with his play. His faceoff work was off the charts (dunno stats but he was good from what i saw), he seems to be backing up his play, and showing confidance in his puck movement when he crosses the blue line. I think thats important to him. he has a good amount of skill but often 'plays the precentages' a little too much and doesnt back himself to make a play. This is why he had such a cold streak this season and why when you have the puck, things happen. he has to take a bit of ownership of that sometimes which i thought he did.

- Defenders, Rookies were fantastic, Carlsons play in his own end and knowing when to jump up is almost flawless these days. Alzner was brilliant and thats all that needs to be said. Green looked eager to not hold the puck much, but also was instantly as calm with the puck when he had it, as when he was in his great form early in the season. he appears to be completely rounding out his game and confidence back there. The only thing i hope he manages is his vision of opponents. im sure that will improve too.

Could go on about Neuvy and others but those were the main things.

Portable Mink is offline   Reply With Quote