View Single Post
Old
04-15-2011, 04:38 AM
jniklast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
he has starter potential, yes, but he is having a hard time putting everything together. I see him developing in to a back up at least maybe a 1b guy at his peak
Sorry, but I don't see that at all. Yeah, he might look calm, but that is not enough.

There are 30 starting jobs for goalies in the NHL. To even be a 1b guy, I'd say you have to be amongst the top-50 goaltenders in the World at least. When you're only the 40th best goalie in the AHL (SV% of .901) at nearly 25 years old that is a pretty tall order.

Now I know that goalies take a bit longer to develop, but what's worrisome is his lack of improvement: ever since returning from his callup last season (when he was proclaimed to eventually be better than Lundqvist by some posters) he has a total SV% of .901. He basically had one great month in his AHL career (November 2010) and apart from that he has been a below average AHL goalie.

If he really has that starting potential, then he better shows it fast, because looking calm and good in a few games isn't enough. Consistency is probably the most important thing for goalies and CJ so far has struggled his whole career (College and AHL) to be consistent. And he is slowly running out of time, at least in this organization.