View Single Post
Old
04-15-2011, 01:19 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 500
Ok, first of all, I know for a fact that Glen Gower is not to blame for the Spartan debacle. I don't know who is to blame, all I know is that the production people had one thing planned, and at the last minute "someone from above" decided the Spartan thing was what they were going to do.

I don't know if it came from Melnyk, Mlakar....whoever, but it certainly was someone over Glen Gower's head.

Zultek I believe destroyed one or both of his knees and was never able to get his skating, which was already pretty terrible, back to pro calibre. He also made the terrible mistake of not signing a contract when he was L.A.'s 1st round pick, and then was drafted by Boston in 99. He's still kicking around in some minor league I have never heard of.

As ridiculous as Stevenson looks in that article, you can't take it too seriously. Zultek did look to be a prototypical power forward back then. These guys aren't journalists. They are writers.

Anyway I think it is sad that two guys lost their jobs and nobody knows why. Maybe a legitimate reason is there, who knows.

The Senators are a joke organization compared to how they used to be run. A lot of good people have been through the door. It's a stepping stone to better things. The best move on, and we get a 30 year loser as a GM signed to an extension.

Tough times.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote