View Single Post
Old
04-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Speaking as a Sabres fan, this series is so far from over it an't even funny.
I do think think this focus on Pronger is overwhelming. I can't imagine the Flyers themselves are this fixated. When you get an injury like that, you move on. If you become obsessed with the player coming back to save you, you're done.
My guess is the TEAM is not as focused on Pronger coming back.
Let's face it. Early shot in Miller goes through and bounces off post. If it goes on in, game totally could go another way.
Your goalie was well protected for the whole game and gave up one big rebound and it went to Kaleta who wasn't covered.
Frankly, I was alarmed at how few scoring chances the Sabres had. Yes, alarmed. Flyers had about 55% to 60% of the play in the game, maybe more. Sabres will not win the series unless they improve. They will BTW.
If the Flyers win the series, it'll having zero to do with Pronger. It will be because your forwards just overwhelmed our defense which is vulnerable with Leopold and Sekera both out.

I am not concerned that the Flyers are not going to overcome last night, but they should also not be taking the Sabres for granted. It has been said before and will be said again.....IF the Flyers play at the level they can and with the skill they have there is not team in the EC who can beat them.

Key to this series is the Flyers being able to wear down the Sabres and take advantage of having to make Miller the focus of the series.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote